Home : Gallery : History : Uses : Behaviour : Maths : Forum : Propulsion : Links : Glossary
Main Forum Page

The Gyroscope Forum

28 March 2024 12:42

Welcome to the gyroscope forum. If you have a question about gyroscopes in general, want to know how they work, or what they can be used for then you can leave your question here for others to answer. You may also be able to help others by answering some of the questions on the site.

Search the forum:  

Question

Asked by: Keith Robinson
Subject: what voltage and cycles to power my Gyroscope?
Question: I have an ex military very old (WW11 I think!) bronze gyroscope. not sure if its powered by air or electricity.its got tubes which could be air or lubricant feeds. also has three terminals wired to the interior.
I can get it spinning moderatly by supplying it with AC 180V and using a capacitor to fake 3 phase of sorts.
I just need to know what CPS and voltiage it needs. its a Sperry Rand with 393/58 stamped on it. been trying for years to find out. could anyone help please?
Date: 23 December 2012
report abuse

Answers (Ordered by Date)

Answer: d brown - 06/08/2019 06:34:42
 if there are grooves in the edge of the gyro i would guess air driven and the wires would be the feedback to the instruments especially if they are only for small wires.

Report Abuse
Add an Answer >>
Website. Copyright © 2024 Glenn Turner. All rights reserved. site info
Do not copy without prior permission. Click here for gyroscope products