Home : Gallery : History : Uses : Behaviour : Maths : Forum : Propulsion : Links : Glossary
Main Forum Page

The Gyroscope Forum

20 April 2024 00:02

Welcome to the gyroscope forum. If you have a question about gyroscopes in general, want to know how they work, or what they can be used for then you can leave your question here for others to answer. You may also be able to help others by answering some of the questions on the site.

Search the forum:  

Question

Asked by: Jean Leong
Subject: WTB - stand up human gyroscope
Question: I am interested in buying a stand up type human gyrocope object, like the gyrogym or similar. I'm in Las Vegas, for 5' tall individual, for home entertainment use. Or info on how to build one.
Date: 7 May 2014
report abuse

Answers (Ordered by Date)

Answer: Jac Hanson - 10/05/2014 17:19:30
 Hi Jean,
You requested info on building a human powered gyroscope.... how about rebuilding one? I have a North Star Propeller gyroscope. I bought two from a amusement park a few years ago, with the intent of rebuilding them. I have one partially rebuilt and do not have a need for the other. It is disassembled. The bearings are shot and need to be replaced ($200+/-). The frame needs to be sandblasted ($500) and painted($?). It could be a fun project, with a nice piece of equipment as a result. If this interests you, we should talk.

Jac Hanson
503-970-9545

Report Abuse
Answer: John Enneking - 14/06/2014 05:06:52
 I have a Orbitron for sale. With trailer. I will make a good deal on it. Anyone interested? Thanks.

Report Abuse
Answer: John Enneking - 14/06/2014 05:08:36
 Enneking24@gmail.com is how I can be contacted if anyone is interested in my Orbitron. I can deliver for right price, thanks.

Report Abuse
Answer: Jean - 04/09/2014 19:50:16
 Still trying to buy a stand up gyroscope object.

Report Abuse
Answer: Abe - 07/12/2014 23:59:55
  Hi I have a Trailer mounted Orbotron for sale in good condition just needs a paint job and new boots
let me know if you are interested, its located in Kingston NY
aybei83@yahoo.com

Report Abuse
Answer: Abe - 08/12/2014 00:00:51
  Hi I have a Trailer mounted Orbotron for sale in good condition just needs a paint job and new boots
let me know if you are interested, its located in Kingston NY
aybei83@yahoo.com

Report Abuse
Add an Answer >>
Website. Copyright © 2024 Glenn Turner. All rights reserved. site info
Do not copy without prior permission. Click here for gyroscope products