Home : Gallery : History : Uses : Behaviour : Maths : Forum : Propulsion : Links : Glossary
Main Forum Page

The Gyroscope Forum

29 March 2024 09:31

Welcome to the gyroscope forum. If you have a question about gyroscopes in general, want to know how they work, or what they can be used for then you can leave your question here for others to answer. You may also be able to help others by answering some of the questions on the site.

Search the forum:  

Question

Asked by: James Wolff
Subject: plans to build a wooden gyroscope
Question: Does anyone have a set of plans for making a gyroscope on the lathe that they would share with me?
Date: 22 February 2015
report abuse

Answers (Ordered by Date)

Answer: Bill Fleck - 18/07/2015 21:12:21
 Hi James, Are you still looking for plans for a wooden gyroscope? I am a woodworker and have a collection of back issues of various publications. I have a copy of WEEKEND WOODCRAFTS August 1994 volume 3 issue 4. These are the only plans I've ever seen for a wooden gyroscope. Unfortunately I had removed the pull out plans from the issue a couple of years ago and I can't seem to lay my hands on them. I do have the magazine with the article and I'm looking for the full size plans. Let me know if you are interested and I'll scan and email what I have. I came across this site while searching for a back issue of the magazine so I know there are a few available online. Best of luck!

Report Abuse
Add an Answer >>
Website. Copyright © 2024 Glenn Turner. All rights reserved. site info
Do not copy without prior permission. Click here for gyroscope products