Home : Gallery : History : Uses : Behaviour : Maths : Forum : Propulsion : Links : Glossary
Main Forum Page

The Gyroscope Forum

29 March 2024 10:20

Welcome to the gyroscope forum. If you have a question about gyroscopes in general, want to know how they work, or what they can be used for then you can leave your question here for others to answer. You may also be able to help others by answering some of the questions on the site.

Search the forum:  

Question

Asked by: Nitro
Subject: Spring is here
Question: Dear All,

I accidentally placed this in the wrong area of the site so I am resending it to here.

Sandy thank you for your reply. I will reply to your post here shortly.

The gyro site has gone very quiet and although it has been a bad year, with so many good people dying, you inquisitive lot cannot all have pegged it at once – can you?

It’s spring and time to come out of hibernation.

I put up my last video (link in previous posting) to lay to rest the generally held but mistaken belief that:-
a) Mass transfer (movement) without any concomitant opposite mass transfer (movement) was not and is not possible – did anyone extrapolate that that is wrong from the video? Do you need a further explanation? – and
b) Because of this simple, demonstrated fact, inertial drive is therefore not only possible but inevitable – it, like all good things, requires self belief and hard work.

While my machines show, in various old YouTube videos, how this may be done – in truth they show a step or two away from how this may be done - all inventers are paranoid about not giving their ideas away without at least some acknowledgment if not some actual wealth. The machines are all impulse and impulse repeaters (that can move a set distance and stop etc., etc., ad inf., without anything moving in the opposite direction). They sadly do not produce the hoped for continuous acceleration we all sought. Still they open up an important path that has been hidden for more than three hundred years. The path has not really been hidden, merely not looked for carefully enough. Hell! Only nutters in sheds like me would look for something that the Royal Society and other “men of science” say cannot exist. Hence the requirement, stated above, for self belief to the point of pig headedness.

While the men of science have been writing screeds of nonsense on their blackboards to religiously “prove” their belief that all things follow the third law, the simplest of contradicting truths, provable by the easiest of experiments, lies ignored at their feet. You reading this Dr David Fisher and Dr Hugh Hunt?

Look carefully at your gyros again everyone (or look again at my last video) the answer lies spinning at your feet.

NM

Date: 27 April 2016
report abuse

Answers (Ordered by Date)

Answer: John Boy - 25/07/2016 19:57:35
 If this idea works at all, it has to have something to do with Ether compression. Tesla believed that through the gyroscopic motion of his bladeless turbine "with the added help of a couple other devices" he could use the ether to cause propulsion. I just don't understand how gyroscopic precession disrupts ether uniformity. Maybe in studying the disrupted motion of pendulum swing during eclipses (Allais Effect), we can find out more.

Report Abuse
Answer: Nitro - 26/07/2016 08:54:15
 Dear John boy

Ignoring the rather insulting implication in “if it works at all” that I am lying/mistaken/trying to fool people and myself. It is not necessary to look for wild reasons in the Ether (does it exist?), the Allias effect (does it exist?) or loony Tessla. The Newton defying fact (shown in the videos) that an overhung gyro does not rotate around its centre of mass (and coincidentally precesses away its effect of inertia) is an answer and a question.

Regards
Nitro

Report Abuse
Answer: John Boy - 26/07/2016 17:25:19
 Ah sorry.. I should have been more clear. If gyroscopic propulsion works at all... is what I meant to say. I wasn't directly addressing what you have shown.. as I'm not quite sure how to interpret it's results.

As far as "wild" ether. I think maybe curved space time might be a little more wild.

The Allais effect is VERY well documented. It's not repeatable each an every instance.. but we are talking about a very subtle effect here. It's still probably more easy to replicate than Cavendish's torsion balance.

Tesla wasn't a loon. He was a brilliant thinker. However he was but a man... subject to the same flaws. His successes may have given him some over arching confidence that transpired into saying some ridiculous things like "if I wanted to I could crack the earth like an apple." However his bladeless turbine remains a thing of beauty -

Quotes like this are really tantilizing -----

“The flying machine of the future — my flying machine — will be heavier than air, but it will not be an airplane. It will have no wings. It will be substantial, solid, stable.
You cannot have a stable airplane. The gyroscope can never be successfully applied to the airplane, for it would give a stability that would result in the machine being torn to pieces by the wind, just as the unprotected airplane on the ground is torn to pieces by a high wind. My flying machine will have neither wings nor propellers. You might see it on the ground and you would never guess that it was a flying machine. Yet it will be able to move at will through the air in any direction with perfect safety, at higher speeds than have yet been reached, regardless of weather and oblivious of ‘holes in the air’ or downward currents. It will ascend in such currents if desired. It can remain absolutely stationary in the air even in a wind for great length of time. Its lifting power will not depend upon any such delicate devices as the bird has to employ, but upon positive mechanical action.”

- John

Report Abuse
Add an Answer >>
Website. Copyright © 2024 Glenn Turner. All rights reserved. site info
Do not copy without prior permission. Click here for gyroscope products