Home : Gallery : History : Uses : Behaviour : Maths : Forum : Propulsion : Links : Glossary
Main Forum Page

The Gyroscope Forum

28 March 2024 13:43

Welcome to the gyroscope forum. If you have a question about gyroscopes in general, want to know how they work, or what they can be used for then you can leave your question here for others to answer. You may also be able to help others by answering some of the questions on the site.

Search the forum:  

Question

Asked by: Nate
Subject: Inertial mass
Question: F.Y.I.
New Scientist magazine, Jan 7-13, page 31
"There are two types of mass: gravitational mass quantifies how strong an object feels the force of gravity, whereas inertial mass quantifies an object's resistance to acceleration.

Experiment after experiment has shown that these two quantities always have the same value - a mysterious equivalence that lies at the heart of Einstein's description of gravity, general relatively.

Break the equivalence principle and you have an object with normal gravitational mass, but a negative inertial mass. Such a body would fall normally in a gravitational field, but give it a push and it would accelerate towards Whatever is pushing it, not away from it. Pair that with normal mass and you could create a system that self-accelerates."

( no kidding !!!! )
Date: 13 January 2017
report abuse

Answers (Ordered by Date)

Answer: Nitro - 20/01/2017 16:18:19
 Hi Rav and Nate

I have taken the trouble to look at both of your videos and cannot understand what it is that they are supposed to show - perhaps you could elucidate. As you have obviously put a great deal of work into each machine and you obviously believe you have something to demonstrate it would be a shame if your efforts were wasted for the sake of a simple explanation of what you believe the video shows.

Now I have taken the trouble to look at your videos perhaps you will return the favour and look at mine and put up you opinion as to what happens next......

Kind regards

NM

Report Abuse
Add an Answer >>
Website. Copyright © 2024 Glenn Turner. All rights reserved. site info
Do not copy without prior permission. Click here for gyroscope products