Home : Gallery : History : Uses : Behaviour : Maths : Forum : Propulsion : Links : Glossary
Main Forum Page

The Gyroscope Forum

19 April 2024 08:14

Welcome to the gyroscope forum. If you have a question about gyroscopes in general, want to know how they work, or what they can be used for then you can leave your question here for others to answer. You may also be able to help others by answering some of the questions on the site.

Search the forum:  

Question

Asked by: Nando Favaro
Subject: Sandy Kidd
Question: A few hours ago, I stumbled upon Mr. Kidd's machine and watched videos about it.
I was dumbfounded because I have been designing similar machines since the 1980's albeit only paper designs.
I was dumbfounded again when the Professor said something which I have been saying for years (to my friends) and they look at me like I am mad.

Can any provide contact information for Sandy?

Thank you
-Nando (Canada)
Date: 17 July 2019
report abuse

Answers (Ordered by Date)

Answer: d brown - 20/07/2019 03:16:59
 hi
i tried that long ago and his reply was that here is a good enough place to communicate.
i just hope the days find him in good health. he is kind and generous and has probably been so for many a year.

...and welcome.

Report Abuse
Answer: Sandy - 21/07/2019 22:11:47
 Good evening Nando,
You can contact me at kiddsandy@rocketmail.com
Regards,
Sandy

Report Abuse
Answer: d brown - 22/07/2019 02:11:51
 well nando i guess i was just speaking for myself. as always.

Report Abuse
Answer: Sandy - 22/07/2019 19:52:31
 Good evening Nando, and any other interested party.
At several stages in the game I have been sitting posting or replying to many people in many places consequently I probably did say that the forum is as good a place as any to converse, it made it easier for me.
So please d Brown do not take offence, it was certainly not personal.
So, I have decided to put this reply to Nando on to the forum just in case somebody is really interested.
I really utilized the gyroscopes as a tool or a means to an end.
Let me explain.
I always believed that some bright individual would invent a way of turning some centrifugal force or angular momentum, if you prefer it that way, from a horizontal plane of acceleration to operate in a vertical direction.
This was impossible they said, and that appeared to be that.
Later, I watched Eric Laithwaite’s Christmas Lectures especially the fact that he could elevate plainly and quite easily a heavy gyroscope and rotate it around his body.
I immediately thought that if centrifugal force could be generated at any angle above the horizontal then vertical thrust would be generated.
Remember at this time nobody had a clue why gyroscopes do what they do even if they and a pile of complicated mathematics said they did.
I built several simple test machines to try this out.
I shall spare you the details but when the gyroscopes eventually overcame the horizontal acceleration, I discovered to my dismay that there was no angular momentum (or centrifugal force if you like) present at any angle above the horizontal.
I am relating this to you with a few years of hindsight thrown in.
So much for generating inertial thrust with gyroscopes operating above the horizontal.
This was the end of my inertial thrust machine.
This is true for all similarly set up gyroscope systems.
However, as I am a very stubborn person I persisted with my experiments and goodness knows how many, 30 minute, runs I made on my machines
In all honesty I did not have a clue what I was looking for but when it happened it happened all of a sudden.
Getting near the end of my patience, which is almost inexhaustible, the device for reasons best known to itself decided to produce with the aid of many adjustments, and by the end of that particular night 16 ounces of vertical thrust.
The device delivered these results repeatedly and consistently for the rest of the night, by this time the noise of my screaming “Webra 40” would be wearing the neighbours down.
This was the easy bit, magic I could just about handle the stupidity of the human race I cannot.
Because my claims are at odds with a person called Newton, I will not be believed
I even put a device on to YouTube demonstrating the fact that centrifugal force and angular momentum can be controlled very easily with the alteration in rotation speed of the gyroscopes, in a system of fixed rotation speed.
Conversely if the gyroscope rotation speed remains constant and the radial rotation speed of the system is altered the angular momentum or centrifugal force is altered
Witness Laithwaite’s 40 lb gyro demonstration as Laithwaite’s rotation speed is increased.
What I have learned over the many years of playing around with the things is that utilising the above gleaned information from my experiments, and with a bit of spatial aptitude inertial thrust can be generated..
I have a Laboratory Test and Report (1988) from a prestigious laboratory (only one of a kind) which says I am correct and Newton got it wrong.
Will send a copy if you wish.
Regards
Sandy
PS
Probably not what you wanted to hear Nando but c’est la vie.
Until space-drives are accepted and industry gets involved you will have to get your space ticket from Elon Musk
I await your comments.

Report Abuse
Answer: Harry K. - 15/08/2019 09:52:46
 Hi Sandy, how are you? :-)
Long time we did not hear from each other. I would like to contact you via email. Is this ok for you?

Best regards
Harald

Report Abuse
Add an Answer >>
Website. Copyright © 2024 Glenn Turner. All rights reserved. site info
Do not copy without prior permission. Click here for gyroscope products