Home : Gallery : History : Uses : Behaviour : Maths : Forum : Propulsion : Links : Glossary
Main Forum Page

The Gyroscope Forum

20 April 2024 14:40

Welcome to the gyroscope forum. If you have a question about gyroscopes in general, want to know how they work, or what they can be used for then you can leave your question here for others to answer. You may also be able to help others by answering some of the questions on the site.

Search the forum:  

Question

Asked by: Dave Wave
Subject: Gyroscopic lift
Question: Forgive me for my ignorance

Could several gyroscopes be used configured in a spinning rings to rotate gyros on their axes (against gyroscopes stabilising force) on the downward rotation and stop or slow them on the upward rotation to remove resistance to enable some sort of propulsion of lift?
Date: 4 February 2020
report abuse

Answers (Ordered by Date)

Answer: Glenn Hawkins - 05/02/2020 20:57:56
 Dear Dave Wave,

”Any relation to Dave The Rave”. He was a long-ago acquaint of mine who was a black radio disc jockey. I don’t know if he was interested in gyroscopes. He never mentioned it one way or another but man! Could he get down! LOL.

More seriously, your idea came up long ago and was disguised in 205 threads or posts. Look up the post, ‘EDH's gyro propulsion invention’ You’ll find the first one under “Gyro propulsion heading, questions with most replies”.
Sorry Dave but your good idea doesn’t work.

Glenn,

Report Abuse
Add an Answer >>
Website. Copyright © 2024 Glenn Turner. All rights reserved. site info
Do not copy without prior permission. Click here for gyroscope products